In light of the situation with COVID-19, on March 18, 2020, the CSHBC Registration Committee passed a one-time emergency resolution that enables CSHBC registrants to pay registration renewal fees for 2020/2021 in an installment plan. The approved resolution reads as follows:
- the province of British Columbia has declared a state of emergency relating to coronavirus disease 2019, designated on February 11, 2020 as “COVID-19” by the World Health Organization;
- governments have recommended social-distancing measures, including workplace closures, voluntary quarantines, and cancellation of gatherings, to minimize COVID-19 transmission in communities;
- the practices of registrants are being disrupted by measures necessary to minimize COVID-19 transmission, resulting in economic hardship for some registrants;
- measures necessary to minimize COVID-19 are coinciding with the College’s deadline for registration renewal of March 31, pursuant to the College’s bylaws; and
- Bylaw s. 78(3) empowers the College’s registration committee to approve a renewal fee being paid in advance instalments.
THE REGISTRATION COMMITTEE RESOLVES AS FOLLOWS:
- The registration committee approves that the renewal fee applicable to all registrants, for the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, may be paid through advance instalments as follows:
- A first instalment consisting of CAD $0 (zero), due on or before March 31, 2020, for the period from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020;
- A second instalment consisting of one-half of the renewal fee, due on or before June 30, 2020 (the “First Instalment Deadline”), for the period from July 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020; and
- A third instalment consisting of the balance of the renewal fee, due on or before August 31, 2020 (the “Second Instalment Deadline”), for the period from September 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- Every renewal of registration for which renewal fees are paid by way of advance installments shall be subject to the registrant paying all renewal fees due by the First Instalment Deadline and the Second Instalment Deadline, and any registrant who fails to pay renewal fees when due will have his or her registration cancelled without further notice, subject to any further resolutions of the registration committee under Bylaw s. 78(3).
For more information, see the CSHBC News story that includes information on the installment plan for registration renewal fees.