The College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC has developed a Strategic Plan that will guide CSHBC in the upcoming years of transition for the College.
Strategic Plan 2023-2026 includes three sections:
- WHY we do what we do: a succinct statement of purpose that reads as follows: “Every person deserves safe, family- and person-centered, ethical, inclusive, and competent care from speech and hearing health professionals licensed in British Columbia.”
- WHAT we do: what CSHBC does to fulfill our purpose.
- HOW we do what we do: what CSHBC believes in as a regulator of multiple professions, entrusted by the public to fulfill our mandate.
The CSHBC Board and senior staff developed the Strategic Plan, and the CSHBC Board approved the plan at its December 2, 2022, meeting.
Strategic Plan 2023-2026, which follows Strategic Plan 2018-2022, will guide CSHBC as the College navigates through two major transitions:
- The change of governing legislation for health regulatory colleges from the Health Professions Act to the Health Professions and Occupations Act (the BC Government has not issued an in force date for the new legislation).
- Moving toward amalgamation of health regulatory colleges, including CSHBC, into a multi-profession allied health college (the BC Government has not provided a timeline or specific details for the amalgamation).
Consistent with the Strategic Plan, CSHBC will be actively involved in both transitions and share with our regulatory colleagues the College’s experience as a multi-profession regulator. Also consistent with the plan, CSHBC will continue to make a meaningful commitment to cultural safety and humility in health regulation.
For more information
- Read Strategic Plan 2023-2026
- Read CSHBC news stories on the Health Professions and Occupations Act and amalgamation: