Health Professions Act
CSHBC is one of 20 health regulatory colleges in BC governed by the Health Professions Act. As outlined in section 16 (1), the Act mandates that colleges govern their registrants in the public interest:
Duty and objects of a college
16 (1) It is the duty of a college at all times
(a) to serve and protect the public, and
(b) to exercise its powers and discharge its responsibilities under all enactments in the public interest.
Health Professions General Regulation
- The prescribed periods for disposing of complaints
- The standard form Oath of Office for Board members
- The reasons for refusing to disclose information contained in the register.
Speech and Hearing Health Professionals Regulation
The Speech and Hearing Health Professionals Regulation defines what constitutes audiology, hearing instrument dispensing, and speech-language pathology, and prescribes:
- The name of the College.
- The scope of practice of CSHBC registrants.
- The professional titles reserved for the exclusive use of CSHBC registrants. See Reserved Titles for more information.
- Restrictions, limits, or conditions on the practice of audiology, hearing instrument dispensing, and speech-language pathology.
Copyright © 2020, College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.