To practise as a Registered Audiologist (RAUD), Registered Hearing Instrument Practitioner (RHIP), or Registered Speech-Language Pathologist (RSLP) in BC, you must be a CSHBC registrant. Applicants to become a RAUD, RHIP, or RSLP in BC may begin practice when they have met CSHBC’s entry-to-practice requirements and been granted registration.

There are three pathways to entry-level practice for each of the three professions regulated by CSHBC: 

  • Pathway 1: Canadian-Educated Applicants – for graduates of accredited or approved programs within Canada who are not currently regulated in another Canadian jurisdiction.
  • Pathway 2: Internationally-Educated Applicants – for graduates of audiology and speech language pathology education programs offered outside Canada who are not currently regulated in another Canadian jurisdiction.
  • Pathway 3: Labour Mobility Applicants – for professionals currently regulated in another Canadian jurisdiction, i.e. audiology and speech-language pathology: Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador; hearing instrument dispensing: Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Quebec.

To apply, create an account in the CSHBC Applicant Portal, log in to the portal, and follow the prompts for choosing a pathway and submitting required information.

CSHBC receives standard applications, where it is very clear that each of the College’s registration requirements are met, and non-standard applications, where it is less clear that one or more of the requirements is met. For information about non-standard applications, see Non-standard Applications & Registration Committee Review.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CSHBC Registration Committee has authorized temporary changes to the format in which applicants may submit application documentation. See the CSHBC news story on the format changes.

College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of British Columbia

900 – 200 Granville St
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1S4

Phone: 604.742.6380
Toll-free: 1.888.742.6380