Comprehensive amendments to the CSHBC Bylaws came into force on June 29, 2020. Although text on CSHBC webpages has been updated to reflect the amended Bylaws, we are in the process of updating PDF documents on this website such as policies, guidelines, standards, and forms. We request that you bear this in mind when reviewing these documents and also keep in mind the key bylaw amendments.
We appreciate your patience while we work towards making necessary changes to all College documentation to reflect the amended Bylaws. If you have any questions in respect to the above, please contact CSHBC at email@example.com.
Clinical Practice Guidelines and Protocols
CSHBC clinical practice guidelines and protocols provide recommendations to RAUDs, RHIPs, and RSLPs on delivering safe, high quality, and appropriate care to the public. The guidelines and protocols are developed under the direction of the College’s Quality Assurance & Professional Practice (QAPP) Committee, which supports the CSHBC Board.
While the guidelines and protocols are mainly for CSHBC registrants, others such as health educators, health authorities, allied health organizations, and other regulated health professionals may also find them to be useful resources.
- Adult Ear-Related Red Flags: Medical Referral Criteria (PDF)
- Audiologic Management of Adult Hearing Impairment (PDF)
- Auditory Processing Disorders in Children and Adults (EN) (PDF)
- Auditory Processing Disorders in Children and Adults (FR) (PDF)
- Client Abuse, Neglect, and Family Violence (PDF)
- Clinical Masking for Audiometric Testing in Adults (PDF)
- Clinical Supervision Skills Review Tool (PDF)
- Documentation & Records Management (PDF)
- Ear Impressions (PDF)
- Fitting of Remote Microphone Hearing Assistance Technology to Children in an Educational Setting (PDF)
- Health Care Providers’ Guide to Consent to Health Care (PDF)
- Infection Prevention & Control Guidelines for Audiology (PDF)
- Infection Prevention & Control Guidelines for Speech-Language Pathology (PDF)
- International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) Framework (PDF)
- Real Ear Probe Microphone Measurement Verification of Hearing Aids in Adults (PDF)
- Where’s the Line? Professional Boundaries in a Therapeutic Relationship (PDF)